Black Lives MatterRead more
Expanding Access to American Art
Art Bridges is the vision of arts patron Alice Walton. Since 2017, Art Bridges has been creating and supporting programs that expand access to American art in all regions across the nation.
Art Bridges supports the creation of collection-based exhibitions of American art at museums of all sizes. We are also building our own collection, acquiring works of art to be shared with regional museums as long-term loans.
We work closely with our partners to provide various levels of financial support for the direct costs associated with exhibitions, loans and collection sharing, as well as for programming, audience engagement, and evaluation.
Our objectives are to:
- Expand access to American art, especially in regions where there is currently less access
- Energize the field of American art by exhibiting and activating works of art in exciting and innovative ways
- Support partner institutions in deepening their connection with local audiences and their communities
- Inspire institutions to open their vaults and share important works
- Connect institutions of varying sizes and scopes in collaborative partnerships that provide opportunities for professional development
Outstanding artworks are in museum vaults and private collections; let's make that art available to everyone.
Alice WaltonFounder of Art Bridges
We partner with museums and arts organizations across all regions of the nation.