About Art Bridges
Arts patron and philanthropist Alice Walton created Art Bridges, a 501(c)3 operating foundation, in 2017 to focus on sharing outstanding works of American art across the country. Her vision for the foundation centers on collaboration with museums and institutions of all sizes and in all regions of the country, where Art Bridges will help create and fund exhibitions, programs, evaluation, and new thinking about sharing works of art.
“Our country’s significant works of art should be available for all to see and enjoy,” said Walton. “Outstanding artworks are in museum vaults and private collections; let’s make that art available to everyone, and provide a way to experience these cultural treasures.”
The exhibitions supported by Art Bridges will range from single-object loans to fully developed exhibitions, and will include funding for in-depth educational and interpretive materials. “We want to support partner institutions in expanding and deepening their connection with audiences,” said Walton. “This is about engaging communities through providing access and learning opportunities, as well as allowing for experimentation in exhibition development.”
We work differently than many foundations. For more information, visit our FAQs.
Art Bridges has a growing staff, focused on helping you create the best possible project for your museum and community.
- Kristi Beckwith Dane, Program Manager
- Ashley Holland, Assistant Curator
- Desiree Dixon, Traveling Exhibitions Specialist
- Bob Smith, Chief Financial Officer
Art Bridges works with experts in the fields of curatorial, collections care, and exhibitions to bring our work to life. These professionals are contracted by Art Bridges because of their expertise and their passion for sharing artworks with people everywhere.
- Margi Conrads, Director of Curatorial Affairs, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
- Jennifer DeMartino, Head of Collections Management, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
- Whitney Scullawl, Collections Assistant, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
- Alice Walton, Board Chair
- Rick Chapman
- Buddy Philpot
Please direct all media inquiries, including interview requests, to [email protected].