Black Lives MatterRead more
Position Title: Registrar-Rights & Reproductions Specialist
About the Job
Art Bridges seeks a Registrar-Rights & Reproductions Specialist to assist the Collection Loans & Exhibitions team. The successful candidate is productive and self-directed with excellent attention to detail and a professional communication style. This individual will support the Collection Loans & Exhibitions department in its strategic initiatives.
About Art Bridges
Art Bridges is the vision of philanthropist and arts patron Alice Walton. The mission of Art Bridges is to expand access to American art in all regions across the United States. Since 2017, Art Bridges has been creating and supporting programs that bring outstanding works of American art out of storage and into communities. Art Bridges partners with a growing network of nearly 170 museums of all sizes and locations to provide financial and strategic support for exhibition development, loans from the Art Bridges collection, and programs designed to educate, inspire, and deepen engagement with local audiences. The Art Bridges Collection represents an expanding vision of American art from the 19th century to present day and encompasses multiple media and voices.
About the Position
The position requires a collaborative and diplomatic professional who is service-minded and can build and maintain professional, collegial relationships. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working with online resources and foundation databases and software. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success working on multiple projects simultaneously, keeping themselves organized and on schedule. Art Bridges is looking for a person with a passion for high quality work in a team environment who is committed to the Art Bridges mission of expanding access to American art.
- Research copyright status and contact information for copyright holders and licensing agencies for images and other media.
- Request reproduction permissions and high resolution image files on behalf of Art Bridges and Art Bridges partners for exhibitions and loans.
- Manage all aspects of image storage and categorizing in our digital asset management platform, Media Valet.
- Review and approve caption information and crediting for all images used internally and for those shared externally.
- Review and respond to all external requests for images.
- Track non-exclusive license requests for artworks in the Art Bridges Collection.
- Interpret and communicate license terms to stakeholders.
- Responsible for securing new photography for Art Bridges Collection artworks, including managing photography budget, shipping coordination, art handling, and reviewing final product.
- Collaborate across departments on budgets for image uses and photography.
- Oversee invoicing and accounting for reproduction and copyright fees.
- Review press and promotional materials from external partners to ensure compliance with Art Bridges’ crediting guidelines and logo usage.
- Review and approve contract sections related to image uses and copyright.
- Attend staff meetings and departmental meetings.
- Act as a courier for Art Bridges artworks.
- Maintain quality of information and data accuracy in The Museum System (TMS).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the field.
- 3 years working in a professional environment.
- 2 years of direct experience working with image use and copyright.
- 2 years of direct experience in art handling and condition reporting.
- Awareness and understanding of exhibition contract terms and standard loan agreement terms.
- Interest in intellectual property issues and dedication to staying current on copyright issues in the museum field.
- Familiarity with The Museum System (TMS) or similar collections database.
- Demonstrated skill in organization and project management.
- Excellent customer relations skills (in person, online, and via phone).
- Excellent technology skills and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Positive attitude and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; excellent analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills with precise attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems proactively; willingness to learn from mistakes.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Occasionally, while performing this job’s duties, the employee is required to travel independently regionally and in communities served. In the work environment described below, the position requires working at a desk and utilizing a computer and a telephone for prolonged periods of time, good eye/hand coordination, bending and stretching for filing, and physical stamina to lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a height of at least three feet for art materials storage and preparation and as appropriate for the demands of the division office. Visual acuity to review written materials is required for this job.
Work will be performed in an office environment, museum spaces, and in communities served. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. Work hours during normal activities are 8-5, Monday through Friday.
Art Bridges believes that diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion are central to all work and decisions within our organization. Our goal is to support each other and our colleagues to learn and change together and make this important work part of all daily activities.
In accordance with our duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, and to do our part in safeguarding the health of our co-workers and their families as well as the community at large from COVID-19 that will be reduced by vaccination, we are requiring all Art Bridges staff and interns to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date as a condition of employment. According to the CDC, “fully vaccinated” means it has been two weeks since a person received the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna or the single dose of Johnson & Johnson.
In accordance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations, Art Bridges recognizes that there may be certain circumstances exempting an employee from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. Employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a disability, advice of a medical provider, or religious beliefs inconsistent with vaccination, must contact the HR group at ASC to initiate the interactive review process within the deadlines expressed in this policy.
We strongly hope this policy decision will help to change the current landscape of infection rates in our community by creating a sense of urgency and proactivity. Our desire is to continue to fulfill our vision of transforming lives through Art Bridges mission. To do this, our first priority is to create a safe workplace.
Art Bridges is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.