Black Lives MatterRead more
Art Bridges is looking for an experienced Graphic/Web Designer to design and produce web pages, social media assets, printed assets, photography and videography for Art Bridges through initial concept and design. The successful candidate should be experienced in all aspects of graphic/ web design, photography, and videography.
About the job
You’ll join a top-notch team focused on serving Art Bridges’ partner institutions across the country. As the Graphic/Web Designer, you will own the look and feel of Art Bridges online and in print. Exceptional oral and written communications skills are a must for this role.
The position requires an outgoing, innovative, collaborative, and diplomatic professional who will design web pages and templates, social media assets, and marketing assets. You will provide graphic design services, layout and digital publication design services as need for Art Bridges and our partners. In addition, the successful candidate will produce photos and videos for use on the web and social media and oversee the printing and production details of assigned projects.
What you will do
You will be responsible for graphic design projects and the tracking of relevant design metrics using analytics tools to help drive strategy.
- Take ownership of design projects
- Design web layouts and templates
- Produce design assets (photos, videos, graphics) for use in social media and marketing channels
- Develop and maintain consistent branding
- Work with web developers to deploy designs
- Create, select and prepare imagery
- Create and maintain design assets in our Digital Asset Management system (Media Valet)
- Utilize data and analytics in making design decisions
- Collaborate with the Art Bridges team
Who we are looking for
You are a strong and empathetic listener and can respond to the needs of museum professionals at every level, from small to large institutions. You have a wide range of design, photo and video experience. You have a network of peers in the industry that you can leverage as a resource.
Qualifications Required for Your Success
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience, with a preference of some of that time being within an arts-related institution.
- Portfolio of strong creative work
- Proven understanding of graphic design fundamentals as shown through a portfolio presentation
- Knowledge of web design and web portal management
- Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
- Ability to deliver production-ready digital assets in a wide variety of formats
- Understanding of UI/UX principles (interaction design, accessibility design, information architecture)
- Social media and email marketing experience a plus
- Experience using WordPress or a similar CMS
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Skilled in photography and videography
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept through launch
- Comfortable working with minimal direct supervision and manage multiple projects in a high-volume and fast-paced environment to complete assignments on regular deadline
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; excellent analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills with precise attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate the various needs of the Art Bridges team into final quality design, photography and video products
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems proactively; willingness to learn from mistakes
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Ability to travel regionally and/or nationally from time-to-time
- Ability to understand and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
Personal attributes that support your success
- A great sense of humor, and a passion for the power of the arts
- Enthusiasm about joining an organization that’s new, evolving, and poised to have major impact on the art museum field
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to “self-start” and exhibit a high degree of initiative
- Ability to multi-task and think critically in a busy work environment
- Flexibility, adaptability, and curiosity
- Tech Savvy and early adaptor of technology
- Able to creatively and effectively problem solve
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Occasionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel independently regionally and in communities served. In the work environment described below, position requires working at a desk and utilizing a computer and a telephone for prolonged periods of time and good eye/hand coordination, bending and stretching for filing, and physical stamina to lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a height of at least three feet for art materials storage and preparation and as appropriate for the demands of the division office. Visual acuity to review written materials is required for this job.
Work will be performed in an office environment, museum spaces, and in communities served. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. The noise level in the Museum work environment is usually low to moderate.
About Art Bridges
Art Bridges is a new foundation, founded by Alice Walton, whose mission is to expand access to American art in all regions across the nation. Art Bridges organizes and administrates exhibitions of American art at public and academic art museums of all sizes. These exhibitions draw from Art Bridges’ growing collection, and the collections of partner institutions, foundations, and private collectors.
The exhibitions supported by Art Bridges are engaging, content-rich, and include in-depth educational and interpretive materials. They range from single-object loans to fully developed thematic exhibitions, and include support for programming, community outreach, audience engagement, and meaningful evaluation.
Art Bridges is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.