Art Bridges is the vision of philanthropist and arts patron Alice Walton. The mission of Art Bridges is to expand access to American art in all regions across the United States. Since 2017, Art Bridges created and supported programs that bring outstanding works of American art out of storage and into communities. Art Bridges partners with a growing network of nearly 200 museums of all sizes and locations to provide financial and strategic support for exhibition development; loans from the Art Bridges collection; and programs designed to educate, inspire, and deepen engagement with local audiences. The Art Bridges Collection represents an expanding vision of American art from the 19th century to present day and encompasses different types of media and is inclusive of diverse perspectives.
Position: Executive Assistant
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Bentonville, AR
What you will do
This full-time position is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to ensure key tasks and initiatives can be accomplished effectively and efficiently. The Executive Assistant manages the CEO’s daily calendar, including scheduling meetings, confirming appointments, writing itineraries, managing invoices and expenses, and arranging travel. This position acts as an advocate for the CEO proactively identifying administrative and coordination needs and providing solutions to make the organization more effective and efficient.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage extremely active calendar for the CEO, including scheduling calls, in- person meetings, video conferences and preempt conflicts in scheduling
- Prepare, print, and distribute materials prior to meetings
- Manage and process expense reports and invoice payments in a timely manner
- Maintain contact, address, and communication databases for business and philanthropic use
- Reserve and coordinate complex domestic and international travel plans, and provide detailed itineraries or agendas
- Arrange logistics for on and off-site meetings, including catering and room reservations
- Manage the end to end planning and execution for annual retreats, including travel arrangements, accommodation and catering
- Serve as a point of contact to increase efficiency and maximize time-management for the CEO
- Prepare communications on behalf of the CEO to Board members, staff, and others regarding matters related to the CEO’s programmatic initiatives
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Work closely and effectively to keep the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, and proactively follow-up on projects to support successful completion
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability, especially with deadline pressures
Who we are looking for
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Highly proficient with various technology platforms – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to learn others as required
- Accessible and responsive beyond business hours, although after-hours needs are typically infrequent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
Knowledge, skills and abilities that will support your success
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor with demonstrated ability to maintain discretion in dealing with highly confidential information
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently and with remote supervision
- Highly resourceful team-player, solution-oriented, and comfortable operating with incomplete information
- Enthusiasm about joining an organization that is new, evolving, and poised to have major impact on the art museum field
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Position requires utilizing a computer and telephone for prolonged periods of time, good eye/hand coordination, verbal, and written conversation with others, and lifting/carrying up to 10 lbs. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Work environment: Work will be performed in an office environment full-time (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) Some work after hours may be necessary. The noise level in the work environment is typically low to moderate. Some overnight travel may be necessary.
Art Bridges and DEAI
At Art Bridges, diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion are central to all work and decisions within our organization. We support our colleagues and our partners in learning and growing together to make this important work part of our daily lives.
Art Bridges is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion (where permitted by state law) of a confidentiality agreement, background check, and verification of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. In addition, you will need to provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.