Position: Copywriter, Marketing & Communications
Reporting to: Director, Marketing & Communications
Location: Bentonville, AR
About Art Bridges
Art Bridges is the vision of philanthropist and arts patron Alice Walton. The mission of Art Bridges is to expand access to American art in all regions across the United States. Since 2017, Art Bridges has been creating and supporting programs that bring outstanding works of American art out of storage and into communities. Art Bridges partners with a growing network of nearly 170 museums of all sizes and locations to provide financial and strategic support for exhibition development, loans from the Art Bridges collection, and programs designed to educate, inspire, and deepen engagement with local audiences. The Art Bridges Collection represents an expanding vision of American art from the 19th century to present day and encompasses multiple media and voices.
What you will do
You’ll join a top-notch team focused on serving Art Bridges partner institutions across the country. As the Copywriter, you will write for a variety of marketing collateral, email, digital assets and websites. Exceptional oral and written communication skills are important for this role.
- Write copy – Digest core visual aids, brand guidelines, and existing marketing assets into copy that can be used for, but not limited to, emails, web sites, social media and banners for Art Bridges team and museum partners
- Copy editing – Review, process, and act on client feedback
- Proof copy – Compare drafts to designs and developed assets (emails, web sites, banners, etc.) and ensure all copy, references, and formatting are correct
- Meet with team and museum partners – Monthly, bi-weekly, weekly, sometimes daily meetings are a part of your day-to-day and you will need to schedule and participate
- You have exceptional writing and research skills
- You take ownership of your work and keep a proactive approach
- You are extremely well organized with an eye for detail
- You have a curious mind
- You have a great sense of humor
Who we are looking for
You are a strong and empathetic listener and are able to respond to the varied needs of a large and growing team.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, hands-on, detail-oriented and has the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with multiple constituencies.
Qualifications required for your success
- 3-5 years of professional copywriting experience with a strong portfolio of work
- Experience using office software, calendaring software, and preferably project management tools
- Client-facing communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to produce high-quality work
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive outlook in complex, fast-paced and stressful situations
Personal attributes that support your success
- Enthusiasm about joining an organization that’s new, evolving, and poised to have major impact on the art museum field
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker, and problem-solver
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to “self-start” and exhibit a high degree of initiative
- Forward thinking / Early adopter of technology
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires utilizing a computer for prolonged periods of time and good eye/hand coordination. Position also requires verbal and written conversation with others, as well as standing, walking, bending, climbing, reaching, strenuous lifting/moving objects up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Work will mainly be performed in an office environment and museum spaces. Position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
In accordance with our duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, and to do our part in safeguarding the health of our co-workers and their families as well as the community at large from COVID-19 that will be reduced by vaccination, we are requiring all Art Bridges staff and interns to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date as a condition of employment. According to the CDC, “fully vaccinated” means it has been two weeks since a person received the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna or the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. As of March 1, 2022, to be considered “fully vaccinated” by our organizations, you must receive a booster. If you are not eligible by this deadline, you must be boosted when eligible. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a person is considered “boosted” and up to date the same day as receiving their booster dose.
In accordance with all federal, state and local rules and regulations, Art Bridges recognizes that there may be certain circumstances exempting an employee from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. Employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a disability, advice of a medical provider, or religious beliefs inconsistent with vaccination, must contact the HR group at AWE to initiate the interactive review process within the deadlines expressed in this policy. Those who receive an exemption will need to work with AWE HR in order to provide:
- A negative COVID test result once a week, or
- Proof of immunity to COVID once every six months
We strongly hope this policy decision will help to change the current landscape of infection rates in our community by creating a sense of urgency and proactivity. Our desire is to continue to fulfill our vision of transforming lives through Art Bridges mission. To do this, our first priority is to create a safe workplace.
Art Bridges’ Commitment to DEAI
At Art Bridges, diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion are central to all work and decisions within our organization. We support our colleagues and our partners in learning and growing together to make this important work part of our daily lives.
Art Bridges is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.