If you'd like to partner with us, we'd love to talk with you.
As an organization focused on sharing American art, our partnerships begin with Exhibition Projects. Many of them grow to include Programming & Evaluation Projects, and they sometimes involve Convening Projects. As we consider each new project proposal, here's what we're looking for.
Art Bridges seeks projects that have impact through:
- ACCESS: Increasing access to the arts and creating meaningful impact for individuals and communities.
- ENGAGEMENT: A strong commitment to engaging individuals and communities with the arts.
- DISRUPTION: Challenging the status quo and taking risks.
- CULTURAL INTEGRITY: Demonstrating integrity and ethical use of material with specific cultural origins and context.
- STICKINESS: Achieving sustained resonance, impact, or value.
Art Bridges also looks for the following elements:
- INNOVATIVE & EXPERIMENTAL: Attempting something you’ve never tried before, or that the field is not yet doing widely.
- MULTI-DISCIPLINARY: Bringing music, performance, dance, theater, science, literature, and the humanities into the art museum and gallery space.
- AUDIENCE-BUILDING: Opening up the museum to new audiences, particularly those that have not yet felt welcome or fully engaged.
Art Bridges has successfully supported a number of projects in its first few years.
As part of the Art Bridges-Terra Foundation Initiative, The Bonifas Arts Center (Escanaba, MI) is the first venue to host the Detroit Institute of Arts’… Read more »
Art Bridges, The American Federation of Arts, and the Studio Museum in Harlem hosted a landmark event in June 2018: our very first Convening. Representatives… Read more »
The El Paso Museum of Art (El Paso, TX) is showing three artworks from the Art Bridges collection: Richard Prince’s Nurse Elsa (on view since early… Read more »
Art Bridges partnered with Juniata College Museum of Art (Huntingdon, PA) on an exhibition designed to celebrate the 250th anniversary of the founding of the town… Read more »
Art Bridges partnered with the Nassau County Museum of Art (Roslyn Harbor, NY) on programming for the exhibition, New York, New York, on display from July… Read more »
David Hockney’s 15 Canvas Study of the Grand Canyon is currently showing at the Memorial Art Gallery (Rochester, NY). Visitors of all ages are engaging with… Read more »
Art Bridges proudly supports the nationwide tour of Black Refractions: Highlights From the Studio Museum in Harlem. The American Federation of Arts and The Studio… Read more »
The Dallas Museum of Art (Dallas, TX) exhibited Edward Steichen’s In Exaltation of Flowers, from September 2017 – May 2018. Created by Steichen between 1910 and… Read more »
Each of these projects began with an idea and a conversation. If you're ready to explore a project with Art Bridges, visit our Program Areas page to learn more about the work we do.